Thursday, October 20, 2022

TSA Pyro-Swabbed My M&Ms

 In an earlier post I suggested packing any mysterious items, those with wires, plugs and such, in a backpack so TSA wouldn’t rifle through your underwear and what all trying to determine if that curly recharger wire was hooked to WMD.. 

 I also warned to be prepared; yo’ M&Ms gonna get checked!  

They always do, and if they have been relocated to a suspicious looking, zip top, plastic bag, you could get strip searched. 

On this day at Medgar Wiley Evers International, I experienced TSA in rare form… the nice and quite efficiently professional lady was able find my M&M hiding place, pull out my relocated M&Ms (rubber gloves that I’m sure were operating room sanitary) and proceed to fondle, shake and otherwise observe my midnight snack. 

I’m thinking surely this deal is over, but to my surprise, she then took my, well molested chocolate treats, over to the cabinet that holds the Pyro-Swabs and, you guessed it, wiped the bag. She then nodded approvingly and stuffed bag, M&Ms and various microorganisms back into my backpack. If she had only asked that I eat one, the backup of impatiently waiting passengers could have been avoided and my M&Ms spared. 

Joys of traveling the friendly skies Jim

PS: We actually had a great TSA experience at JAN.